2020-21 Passholder Art Contest Results Are In!
Congratulations to Sarah Finger
and her winning piece!
AVALON7 COVID-19 DISCLAIMER: PLEASE BE ADVISED THAT OUR FACEMASKS ARE NOT DESIGNED TO PROTECT AGAINST VIRUSES AND WILL NOT PROTECT YOU FROM INFECTION TO THE LEVEL OF A MEDICAL GRADE FACEMASK. CLICK HERE TO SEE THE OFFICIAL CDC GUIDELINES.
ATTENTION: ART CONTEST CHANGES
We at Mt. Baker Ski Area are working hard to adapt and adjust our plans so we can operate as safely, efficiently and to as high a standard as possible in regards to the evolving Coronavirus situation. This extends to our Season Passholder T-Shirt Art Contest. We are changing the season pass t-shirt to a neck tube for this winter! We are working with longtime partner Avalon7 to make high quality neck tubes for 2020-21 Season Passholders. These neck tubes can be used as a winter face mask and can also be adapted for better protection in public spaces as a mask.
Our GM, Mike Trowbridge, had this neck tube brainstorm recently so we are going to have to change a few specifications to our current art contest in order to hit the timeline necessary for the neck tube production.
If you have already submitted artwork for the contest your submission will still be considered for the new end product. If you would like to adjust your artwork or submit additional pieces you are welcome to, as the contest is not limited to one entry per person.
- Art submission deadline is STILL July 31, 2020.
- Voting will be adjusted to two days; August 1st & 2nd
- We will be shifting to only 3 Finalists selected by Mt. Baker Ski Area
- Art format change: ARTWORK may be ONE (1) COLOR -OR- FULL COLOR and must fit within a 28cm w x 51cm h space max.
Be aware, however, that color art should be somewhat “neutral” to appeal to a broad range of people.
OFFICIAL CONTEST SPECIFICATIONS & RULES
- ARTWORK must be submitted by FRIDAY JULY 31, 2020.
- ARTWORK may be ONE (1) COLOR -OR- FULL COLOR and fit within a 28cm w x 51cm h space max.
- ARTWORK must be ORIGINAL WORK by the artist submitting.
- ARTWORK must contain the ARTIST'S SIGNATURE.
- Artists may submit more than one piece of ARTWORK for consideration.
- ARTWORK must be APPROPRIATE FOR ALL AGES (appropriateness will be determined at the discretion of Mt. Baker Ski Area).
- Submit ARTWORK to email@example.com as HIGH RESOLUTION .PDF, .AI, .EPS, .JPG with ARTIST'S NAME IN FILE NAME.
- In-person submissions will NOT BE ACCEPTED.
- Artwork will be printed on a neck tube.
- Design adjustments/sizing of the ARTWORK to fit the garment will be at the sole discretion of Mt. Baker Ski Area.
- There is no requirement to have words/dates in the ARTWORK itself, but the artist may include text if they wish. If it is not included then Mt. Baker will include it somewhere with the print.
- ARTWORK of 3 FINALISTS, chosen by Mt. Baker Ski Area, will be voted on by the public starting August 1, 2020 and ending August 2, 2020 via Mt. Baker Ski Area website.
- The winning ARTWORK will be announced after voting ends on August 2, 2020 and votes are counted.
- ARTIST of WINNING ARTWORK will receive a 2020-21 Season Pass Voucher. Voucher not valid for refunds or exchanges. No cash value.
- Winning ARTWORK will become property of Mt. Baker Ski Area to be used solely for promotional purposes during the 2020-21 winter season and to promote future season pass art contests.
- Winning ARTWORK cannot be used by the artist for sale or other purposes.
- ARTWORK will appear on the 2020-21 Season Passholder Necktube and come complimentary (one per customer) with the purchase of a 2020-21 Season Pass while supplies last.
- Necktube featuring the ARTWORK will not be available for sale.