YES, MT. BAKER WILL BE OPEN THIS SEASON!
We are excited for the season and looking forward to seeing you all . . . friends, family and new faces in the snow and mountains this winter. We will continue providing Winter Ski Area operations and services, and will be doing so with modifications to follow current Washington State and COVID-19 requirements relevant to the ski area.
Our crew has spent many, many hours this summer planning for the various scenarios we may see this winter, and now our crew is putting these plans into action and we will be ready for the snow to fly. Scroll down to see a summarised list of our plans. Throughout the fall we will be adding videos of our department managers walking through some of our planned operations for the upcoming season. So check back throughout the next few months for continued updates.
While your day-to-day experiences will be different as we all adapt to ski area operations during COVID-19, enjoying nature and the outdoors remains the reason we are here.
- EXPANDED OPERATION SCHEDULE: Open 7-days-a-week from Opening Day through May 5, 2021*
- COVID-19 bonus; we are adding 7-day-a-week operation through the entire month of April and through May 5th.
- Featuring springtime feature parks, starting around April 1st.
* Opening and closing day are dependent on conditions
- Heather Meadows Base Area - Daily operations (7-days-a-week) will be based out of Heather Meadows this season. The Heather Meadows facilities allow for more capacity during physical distancing.
- White Salmon Base Area - Open weekends and holidays, and possibly open for some midweek operation days.
- Raven Hut Lodge - Open 7-days-a-week
- CHECK THE WEBSITE SNOW REPORT DAILY FOR OPERATIONS DETAILS Please check the website snow the day prior to visiting the mountain, and the morning of each visit to verify operational plans for the day of your visit.
- NUMBER OF PEOPLE SKIING/RIDING: Under current requirements, when the season begins you will not need a reservation to ride the lifts at Mt. Baker.
- There may be a few, or many, days that there are NO RESTRICTIONS on the number of people we can have skiing/riding the mountain.
- There also may be a few, or many, days that there ARE restrictions on the number of people we can have skiing/riding the mountain.
- RESERVATIONS: If, and only if, RESTRICTIONS on the number of people skiing/riding ARE NEEDED for a given day, we will implement an online reservation system for skiing/riding access. Again, there may be a few, or many, days this season where there is NO RESERVATION SYSTEM. There also may be a few, or many days, this season where there is a reservation system.
- Season Passes: If, AND ONLY IF, there is a reservation system for lift access in place on a given day, Mt. Baker season passholders will be guaranteed AT LEAST 51% of the reservations on that day. In order to monitor the number of people skiing/riding on a reservation day, passholders with a confirmed online reservation will need to activate their reservation at the ticket office and get a daily lift ticket (free) for that day in order to access the lifts.
- Daily Lift Tickets: If, AND ONLY IF, there is a reservation system for lift access in place on a given day, visitors will be required to secure a reservation online, and then visitors with a confirmed online reservation will need to activate their reservation at the ticket office and get a daily lift ticket for that day in order to access the lifts.
- MT. BAKER FACILITIES: This season, access to all Ski Area facilities will be limited to Mt. Baker daily lift ticket and season passholders only. This includes chairlifts, lodges and ski area restrooms.
- RESTROOMS: We have added 1 restroom trailer at Heather Meadows, 2 restroom trailers at White Salmon, and up to 8 portable toilets at the Raven Hut to expand our restroom capacity.
- PARKING :
- For those who don't purchase a current Mt. Baker daily lift ticket or season pass, public parking at Heather Meadows is available on the WSDOT-maintained Highway 542 loop between 7:00am - 7:00pm.
- Mt. Baker ski area maintains the Heather Meadows and White Salmon lots at our expense for skiing and snowboarding customers. Given the significant increase in non-ski area users, we might restrict parking in our parking areas to paying customers only.
- Overnight Parking: Will be limited and by reservation only.
- Yes, we are selling season passes, starting September 15th! Full details on our Season Pass Pages.
- BUY ONLINE! For the health and safety of our staff and you, the customer, we have structured our pass prices and revised pass-making options this season to encourage purchasing online. This will greatly reduce in-office, in-person transactions, which is important at this time.
- Online purchasing benefits
- Mailed directly to you! Your season pass and complimentary custom art neck gaitor will be shipped directly to you in a timely manner at no additional charge.
- It's faster! No in-person or over-the-phone wait time.
- Promotes social distancing. Reduce the risk of COVID-19 exposure for yourself and others.
- Re-use your old photo (for returning passholders) or upload a new one online.
- It costs the same - no added fees for buying online.
- No need to get dressed up for a trip to the Business Office . . . you can make the purchase at home in your bathrobe while watching Afterglow or Dark Matter.
- Online purchasing benefits
Pass prices shown on website include everything except Washington State Sales Tax. So you will NOT be charged additional processing fees, mailing fees, credit card fees, or anything else, just the local taxes.
Step-by-step instructions on how to purchase a 2020-21 season pass:
Oct 1 - Nov 2 Pre-Season Rates Open to Everyone
- Seating Capacity Reduction: Be prepared for reduced availability. In order to facilitate social distancing and follow state mandated protocols, we will see up to a 70% reduction of indoor seating capacity. We are still working through the details, but there may be extended wait times, allocated and/or assigned seated dining times, and/or a reservation system for seated dining.
- Revised Menus: We are creating more Grab-and-Go options with revised menus. We are also remodeling our lodges to improve traffic flow and have great food options for eating outside or in a vehicle, in addition to reduced indoor seating.
- Heather Meadows: Remodeled deli area on the first floor, with revised traffic flow. Additional uncovered outdoor seating and beer service areas will be available. There will also be additional remote trailer restrooms.
- White Salmon: Additional uncovered outdoor seating and beer service. There will also be additional remote trailer restrooms.
- Raven Hut: Very limited indoor seating, with additional outdoor seating and beer service. Limited access to indoor restrooms, with additional outdoor restrooms.
- General: There will be reduced capacity for Instruction throughout the season, and online reservations will be required for daily lessons. There will also be a new, hosted guided discovery learning area.
- Komo Kids Program: Limited to intermediate and advanced ability returning 19-20 participants with modified format.
- Racer Development Team Program: Limited to returning 19-20 participants with modified format.
- Saturday Winter Ride Youth Program: Cancelled for the 20-21season.
- Reduced capacity inside rental shop.
- Reservations will likely be required.
- Mountain Shop areas will monitor capacity to be in compliance with social distancing and all other mandated safe practices.
- Lots of great retail items are available on our online store. SHOP ONLINE
BELLINGHAM BUSINESS OFFICE
- We are encouraging as many sales and services normally made at the office to be made online.
- Maximum 3 people at a time in the lobby, others line up outside with distancing.
- We will continue to stay informed of current health official information and requirements regarding COVID-19 and will operate and implement guidelines and precautions accordingly.
- At the time of posting, COVID 6-foot distancing protocols are in place in all our facilities, parking lots, lodges, restrooms, lift lines, outdoor areas, chairlifts and all parts of the ski area. Be aware that these protocols may change.
- At the time of posting, please wear a face covering when coming to the Ski Area or Business Office. No face covering, no service.
- If you have symptoms, DON'T COME TO THE SKI AREA.